About the Conference
The DistribuGen Conference and Trade Show for Cogeneration/CHP 2015 will be held April 7-9 at the Houston Hilton North. In its fifth year, this is the nation’s only conference and trade show dedicated to CHP and WHP. The event brings business and energy leaders together with industry experts, project developers, equipment suppliers, service providers and end-users to examine new technologies, market opportunities and installation case studies of CHP and WHP.
This important energy event takes place when industrial competitiveness, energy security and reliability, corporate sustainability goals, recent federal initiatives and state policy changes have spurred great interest in combined heat and power and waste heat to power technologies.
Energy consulting experts at ICF International, recently stated that “the technical potential for additional CHP installations at existing industrial, commercial, and institutional facilities is large” and wnet on to state “there is approximately 130 GW of technical potential for CHP systems serving existing onsite electric loads at facilities conducive to CHP. Utilities could also take advantage of sizing CHP systems for industrial thermal loads leading to exports of electricity to the surrounding grid. This increases the technical potential by another 110 GW. With the additional export to the grid this represents a significant opportunity for utility and independent power producer (IPP) involvement in the CHP market.
The conference agenda will include a wide range of speakers and topics. A “Call for Presentations” has been issued for presentations on:
Case Studies Examples
- CHP and industrial cogeneration systems
- Small Systems and Microgrids
- MicroCHP and Fuel Cells
- Efficiency & Resiliency
- Policy Outlook - Federal, State, Gulf Coast Region
- Lessons from States, Europe, Other
- Regulation and Legislation - opportunities and challenges
Compliance & Environmental Strategies
- Market Perspectives, Financing, Risk
- Project Development and Financing
- Technology Innovation
- Waste Heat Host Sites
- Market Challenges & Enablers
- Project Development, Financing and Risk Management Strategies
- CHP technologies - turbines, engines, boilers
- WHP technologies - ORC, Kalina, Stirling, sCO2, Thermoelectrics
- Emerging Technologies
- Heat-Driven Cooling, Chilled Water Storage & Ancillary Equipment
- Sustainable CHP: Biomass, Landfill Gas, and Low Carbon Options
- Waste Heat as a Renewable-Equivalent Resource
- Natural Gas
Registration and exhibit booth sales for DistribuGen Conference and Trade Show for Cogeneration/CHP 2015 will soon begin. For information about speaking, sponsoring or exhibiting contact David Sweet, Executive Director of WADE at email@example.com or (202) 667-5600 or Paul Cauduro, Director of the Cogeneration Industries Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 705-9996.